How To Create Salesforce Email Templates – You probably do not have to go into detail to sell through email templates. The value proposition is quite simple: saving the best versions of the emails you write constantly saves you an incredible amount of time and energy.
I’ve found that email templates are especially valuable when used in Salesforce, where templates are automatically integrated into your leads and automatically registered in CRM. In addition, templates in Salesforce can be shared across the entire team.
Manager, which helps you maintain the best email templates of constant performance and influence the speed of your computer connection to ensure that the correct points are delivered. It is also an excellent way for sellers to share functions.
Today I wanted to publish a handy step-by-step tutorial on how to create Salesforce email templates.
How to create Salesforce email templates.
How to create Salesforce email templates
- Sign into your Salesforce account.
You will be asked for an email and a password. A company signs up for the Salesforce software, and then each user is assigned a unique login and a set of permissions to change the data in the system.
- Click on the small arrow next to your user name in the upper right hand corner. Click “Setup.”
- Select “Create or edit an email template,” under the “Email” heading. Select “New Template.”
There are probably a number of templates that the company has created already. Some can be edited and some may be protected from editing.
- Choose the type of email you would like to create.
Most likely your options are to create a simple text email, an HTML email, an HTML email that includes a Letterhead, a Visual Force email or an email without letterhead. Your company has most likely added the letterhead into the emails and it has been written in HTML code. This is the code that much of the Internet and email programs use. Click “Next” once you have chosen.
– All of these types will allow you to type in text, attach files and select people to receive your email. Both text and HTML emails can be used when sending mass emails, but they cannot be sent out with a Visual Force template. Only HTML and Visual Force templates allow you to place images within the text. There is likely a company standard for sending emails with or without letterhead.
– Salesforce HTML emails are set up for tracking, so you can easily find out if someone has opened your email and how many times they have read it. A text email does not have tracking, but it runs a high risk of being filtered by anti-spam programs.
- Go to “Letterhead Creation” if you have chosen an email with letterhead
This will give you a number of visual layouts for your letterhead. You can choose whether you want it on the top, top and bottom, etc.
- Create Letterhead template first
- Go to Classic Email Template and click new template
- field this form email template
- Move forward to the email template after you have created your letterhead
field this form email template and content at letterboard
- Use the “Merge Fields” values below the formatting toolbar
Salesforce merge fields allow you to define something that you would like to be personalized for each person and it creates a code that you will place in your template. When the email is sent out, it will populate those fields with values in the contact’s information page.
For example, perhaps you want to put the contact’s first name in the greeting of your email. In the “Available Merge Fields” section, select the field type, such as contact information. Select the field, in this case “First Name.” When those fields are filled in, a code will appear to the right. Copy that code and place it after “Hello” and before the comma. When your email is sent out it will say “Hello Betty,” and your email will continue below.
- You can also do this with the company name or any other information that is part of your contact’s information
- Click “Save” to save your email template for future use.
Use your email template by going to a contact page, scrolling down to the bottom and clicking the “Send an Email” button under “HTML Email Status.” Click “Select Template” at the top and choose your newly created template.
You can also mass email contacts with your template. Go to the “Contacts” tab, scroll to the bottom and click “Mass Email Contacts” under the “Tools” section. You will be led through the process of choosing a template and choosing a contact list before sending.
Originally posted 2019-01-01 08:52:51.